Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm a 6th grader...

Teena, an 8th grader at the AIS middle school, and our Student Council President, decided to make a video about middle school (...and how much it ROCKS!) for the incoming 6th graders...

She wrote the lyrics, filmed, edited, and even sang... and she chose me to act as the new, nervous 6th grader!

Teena is a pretty amazing girl... she might just rule our world some day, and we'd all be better off for it too!

You can watch the video that she created here:


The current 5th graders are coming to the middle school campus tomorrow morning for an 'orientation'. We plan to show the video to them then... give a tour of the campus, etc. I'm excited to see their reaction to this video!

Below is one of my favorite snapshots from the video (it makes me laugh every time this scene begins!)... Donna is our school's art teacher... but my mom in the video!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs.M its me Alexis G. (Gonzales). I was a student at leroy drive where you used to be the librian there. You picked me to be a superschool news reporter and I was in B.O.B (battle of the books) with you. I hope you rember me but just today Mrs. Swank gave me the web adress to your blog and I was really exited to check it out and see what you have been doing. And it sounds like you are haveing a lot of fun. And everyone misses haveing you down at the libray and you were the best. Happy to read your adventures that you are haveing! (Sorry for my horrible spelling im trying to hurry)

    Love,
    Alexis Gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Alexis! Good to hear from you :) I miss you and Leroy Drive! Of course I remember you :) Are you going to school at the middle school now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I am still home schooled through COVA but for 8 grade I got acceptetd to go to this called STEM. It's K through 8th grade so I will only be there for one year but caleb got accpeted to go there to and he will be going there with me next year. And we all miss you to!!!! :) The libray isn't the same without you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great! I've heard really good things about the STEM school... and so nice that you and Caleb can be at the same school for a year. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah it is my mom is really happy. I'm really exicted to go to regular school instead of being home schooled it's gonna be a big adjustment though because Iv'e never been to regular middle school before but I think I'm going to enjoy it. :) And the best thing about STEM so far is that they have Battle Of The Books too and a nice libray!!!! :) Nice to hear from you! :)


    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete