Saturday, May 12, 2012

the Sites to See in Saigon

I have a good time scootin' around the city this morning, stopping here and there to take photos of the main tourist sites in District 1. I pass by these buildings  almost everyday... and it's good to remember to take in the specialty of each... and appreciate these amazing sites while I'm here in Vietnam.

The Notre Dame Cathedral (and you can see the post office off to the right side...)

Saigon's Notre Dame Cathedral

Central Post Office

People's Committee Building

Ben Thanh Market

Opera House
(This is where our school's graduation ceremony will be held in a month!)   :)

These buildings really show the French influence that can be found throughout the city... but there's really not as much as I expected there to be throughout the city's architecture. I think this is partly due to so many buildings being torn down, to put up new ones... which is really too bad. I love the older buildings with their energetically antiqued spunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment