Saturday, May 19, 2012

hair washing... a VN best-kept secret

A best-kept secret in Vietnam?? -- getting your hair washed!

Seriously.

For 70,000d (about $3.50) I just got a 45-minute head massage... which also included a shoulder massage and even a hair wash and hair style.   :P

The massage is the best... AND when you actually get your hair washed, there is no awkward leaning back in a chair with the edge of the sink going into your neck...

...No ...you lay down in a chair-bed, which conveniently leads onto a pillow in the sink!

(There was even a girl curled up, asleep on the chair-bed next to me.)

Pure awesomeness.

Mom - you better believe this is on the list of things to do with you while you're here this summer!

There's a lovely little salon (very local) in my neighborhood on one of the side streets... this salon, unlike most in the area, actually has doors on the front of the shop and even air conditioning!

One woman did my hair/massage... and the other two girls in the shop sat next to us the entire time looking at me... looking at my hair... giggling... and even trying to touch my weird hair here and there.   :P

Hilarious. Awesome. Will definitely do this again.

Then... I bought these beautiful flowers on my 2-block walk back to my place...


I love my neighborhood.   :)

1 comment:

  1. YES! Let's be sure to go for the head massage, oops, I mean hair washing! I love the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete