Wednesday, May 23, 2012

how to make Vietnamese Coffee

My brother, Lenny, sent this video on to me and I love it!

Well-made and the song is awesome...


They did this right!

Trung Nguyen really is like Vietnam's Starbucks... and the coffee's pretty good. There are Trung Nguyen cafes all over the city.

You can visit the Trung Nguyen website by clicking here.

I do love a ca phe sua da (iced coffee with milk) every now and then... it tastes like a coffee milkshake! ...but more often, I'm drinking a latte. Vietnam knows how to make a good latte.  :) 

I will even admit that Sarah, Michael, and I have lattes delivered to school every morning! [Cringing a bit over admitting that... but it's a flaw that I've come to terms with here, as it's a nice perk in the AM, and hey -- I'm living abroad!] Before moving to Vietnam, I was strictly caffeine-free for over 5 years... that's out the door now. --But I do plan to take that up again when I move back to the States.

Now... play the video again and bop to the music!  ;)

12 comments:

  1. So you are moving back the the states? When? In colorado again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. :P I'm not sure yet. We'll see what next year holds. There's a good chance I'll be moving back to the States!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yah! Hopefully in colorado again!!!! Hope to see you soon. :)

    Love,
    Alexis Gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Caleb (Mardis) wanted me to tell you that he said hi................so hi from Caleb. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, thanks! ...HI CALEB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah :-). He said hi back. :-) How are you doing out there? Do you miss Colorado? We all miss you here!!!!! Come Back Soon. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing well here, thanks :) ...it's very different from back home!! I'm very much looking forward to being back in the States for a bit this summer... I miss Colorado LOTS. One more year here... and then we'll see where I'm off to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! What part of the states are you comeing back in during summer? But it's been really hot out here its been in the 90's since the beginging of May. So you're not missing much. :) Hope to see you soon!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be going to both Upstate NY and Denver! ...I won't have a car but am planning to get together with Ms. Swank and hopefully some others from Leroy while I'm in town... not sure when though. It's in the 90's every day here... all year long haha. I wish I were going home when it was cooler actually! but it will still be a nice break from the intense humidity here... I'm not really a hot-weather person so this past year has been intense in that regard for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yah ok did you use to live in New York or what? So have you kind of got used to the heat? I love the heat though so I don't mind it. :) It must be nice to get away from all that heat though. Did you like christmas out there without the snow or is it not the same? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes... I grew up in NY :) I guess I am more used to the heat but don't love it... I miss having 4 seasons (here there are only two... the wet season and the dry season... we are beginning the wet season now and it rains most days). ...Christmas here was bizarre! Lots and lots of decorations around the city but still in the 90s and no snow. But the biggest holiday here is the Tet holiday - the Lunar New Year... that was pretty cool (usually falls around January / February... follows the Chinese Lunar calendar). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh cool I never knew that. Yah it's nice having four seasons. I can't imagine christmas without snow!

    ReplyDelete