Saturday, May 12, 2012

than lan face

Today, while sitting on my scooter waiting for my shoes to be finished with the mending... something fell into my lap...

...I looked down...

...and saw a than lan! (lizard) ...and a pretty good-sized than lan at that.

Remember when I had the mystery noise in my apartment months ago? ...turned out to be than lans and they (multiple) are still my apartment pets. I've come to terms with this... and do appreciate them keeping other bugs out... BUT... a than lan in my lap is just not needed. And my than lan pets are nowhere near the size of the one from today!

It's especially not needed when this than lan then crawled up onto my chest... which is when I went to grab for it...

...It THEN ran onto my FACE!

Who knew than lans had claws?!?!

I finally did grab it... by the tail... thankfully, the tail didn't fall off!... and threw it to the ground.

The shoe mending guys were all looking at me, as I had just been freaking out... yelping and flailing my arms around! THEN at least they did see the than lan run up onto the sidewalk and back into the tree where it FELL from ONTO me!

...I could still feel the claw marks on my face a minute or two after this escapade... checked out my face in my scooter's mirror and there were MARKS! ...Not only that ...but the than lan had actually drawn blood!

Geez!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacia...i stumbled upon your blog while searching for an English translation of "than lan" (lizard isn't the exact word i'm looking for). Anywhow...your blog of your adventures in my country is very entertaining to read, especially this blog - about con than lan dropped on your lap..then onto your chest..and then face. It cracked me up!! Hahaha
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...than lan is "gecko"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - glad you enjoyed the story! :P
    Yes... from what I understand, than lan means 'gecko' or 'lizard' (same, same!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol that's so funny Miss. M! I never knew you were so scared of Lisards :-P

    ReplyDelete