Thursday, November 3, 2011

3rd and Last

Last night I rushed home (in the rain) for my tutoring session with my landlord's kids... 3 kids to be exact.

I never really wanted to begin tutoring to begin with... but her response was always, "It's ok... it's ok..."

Well... it's not ok. I just don't need the hassle of it. I'm living abroad -- on my own -- and I want my time to be filled with what I want to do. Selfish? I'm ok with that right now.

This was the 3rd time I tutored the kids... by 'tutor' I mean, work on their English vocabulary, pronunciation, etc.

It has actually been more enjoyable than I thought it might be. I tend to expect the worst with things here... because things are never as you expect... so if I expect the worse... then it should always end up being better than expected... riiight?! Ha - I wish it worked that way.

Anyway - the kids are fun (partly)... but I work with kids all day and want my evenings to myself. PLUS we meet in my apartment... it's nice that I don't have to go anywhere but kind of weird.

Last night as I paid Mai my rent, she said that the birthday of one of her daughter's is the 7th and we will have a small celebration for her during tutoring. Very nice of her... but again, it's in my apartment... so now I'm hosting a party??

Thankfully, it did turn out better than feared. They brought small cakes for each of us, which were absolutely beautiful:

And I taught them how to make my favorite pop-up mouth / monster cards... they were pretty into it!

I don't think Mai is going to like my phone call to tell her that this 3rd time of tutoring was the last. It's just not worth it for me right now.

Xin loi, Mai! (Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment