Sunday, November 13, 2011

Well lookey, lookey...

I finally got around to checking out the park near my neighborhood!

Yesterday morning I drove myself to the park for an AM run... it was lovely.   :)

According to my iPod Nano, the park is about .56 of a mile around; there is a nicely shaded path around the perimeter and I definitely plan to make use of this green area of the city!

...I went back for another run this morning!


The perfect little break from city life (although the crazy traffic surrounds the park on 4 sides... but just being inside this beautiful park makes the honking and revving seem quieter somehow).



Central part of the park... where I stretched after my run.  :P






AND perhaps it is time to announce that I have signed up for my first-ever competitive run! ...in ANGKOR WAT, CAMBODIA!! On December 4th, I will be running a 10K... I really don't care what time I get but I definitely plan to finish the 10K and be strong.

You can read more about the run in Angkor Wat here: http://www.angkormarathon.org/

(You don't have to tell me how proud you are of me for this... because I've been telling myself the past two days... I've already set my alarm for 5:30am tomorrow so I can fit in a run.)   :D  

1 comment: