Friday, November 18, 2011

Vietnamese Teachers' Day!

Vietnamese Teachers' Day is this Sunday.

Our school's owner put a nice dinner together for all of us at the Majestic Hotel tonight - one of the most historic hotels in the city!





Our "I Am Vietnamese Club" gave beautiful flowers in handmade vases made from recycled jars to each teacher during school on Thursday too.




I love my vase with the awesome peacock on the side.  :D

This morning (Friday), I received more roses and also this:

(Got THAT right, Khoi! haha)

Phuong's says, "You are so cute."

Phuong and I with our treats.

One of my favorite moments of the day was when Darren, a tiny 6th grader, comes struggling into the library... he can barely carry this basket loaded with fruit... and chokes out, "This is for you Miss Stacia. Happy Teachers' Day." ...So sweet!



Not only are teachers appreciated and respected in Vietnam... but they even remembered the Teacher-Librarian!  :D


There are even bulletin boards for the special day all over the city!  

No comments:

Post a Comment