Thursday, November 3, 2011

B-words

Bikes and Books...

Two of my favorite B-words.

I met Sarah at the main post office a couple days ago and ended up buying a beautiful painting! I normally wouldn't do that but this guy was sitting on the ground painting... I walked by and said, "dep" (beautiful). He then began trying to sell me his painting (of course... I should have known better).

He flipped one of the canvas paintings up from the board it was clipped on to and showed me this one...


Ahhh... Love.

Yellow is my favorite... bikes and books (again, are my favorite too)... and it's very 'Vietnam'.

The artist's name is on the bottom right corner. He kept shaking my hand and thanking me for purchasing this. THEN a young Vietnamese girl came up to me and interviewed me for one of her classes. She needed to interview a foreigner... I even had to sign her worksheet to prove it.  :P

When I got home with my newly acquired spontaneous purchase... I realized that there is a wall in my apartment that needs just this painting!  :)

WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture! I am glad you had a spot on the wall for it!

    ReplyDelete