Tuesday, April 23, 2013

kia kaha -- be strong



I took the photo above in a cafe while in Franz Josef, New Zealand this past December.

This Mauri phrase feels fitting right now, as I'm feeling more and more ready to finish my time in Vietnam and head home to the States for a while. I want to be near my family and friends back home... and just be 'home'. I've really enjoyed most aspects of living abroad in Ho Chi Minh City but haven't felt as if I've fully bounced back since being sick in February.

Kia kaha... be strong.  : )  I have just two months left in Vietnam and definitely want to enjoy that time as much as I can.

AND I'm very, very much looking forward to my good friend Tracy's visit the second 1/2 of June to finish out my time here! We'll be traveling to Hoi An and Phu Quoc Island, which I'm pretty stoked about. I can't think of a better way to end my time here. I'm excited for Tracy to see where I've been living and have some adventures together in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment