Thursday, April 4, 2013

Soup Lady be/c Lenny is in town!

Lenny is here! Lenny is here!

My oldest brother, Lenny, arrived in Vietnam on the 30th and is here for two weeks. Last week was my spring break and we were able to travel --motorbike roadtrip adventure!-- mid-country for the week. Now that I'm back at work, he is working from my apartment on his computer. It's fun to have him here and go out in the afternoon/evenings.

One of the first things we did in the city when he first arrived (after fabric shopping and a trip to the tailor's), was to have lunch at the Soup Lady's banyan tree. Mmmmmm.



...featured on the travel channel a couple years ago, Soup Lady's daily soups are one of my brother's favorite meals here! ...To get there, tell a taxi or xe om guy... Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, turn onto Hoang Sa, the. First left, which i think is Nguyen Dinh Chieu. Lunch will cost about $2.00 - $3.00 each (she is becoming better known and her prices are going up!)... You will be surrounded by locals, eating on their lunch break, under a banyan tree... She makes one big pot and serves until she sells out, I'd try to get there by 1230 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment