Sunday, July 17, 2011

$1.80

I went by the post office on my way to lunch to exchange some money and just as I was about to cross the street a motorcyclist starting waving at me ...differently from every other motorcyclist trying to give me a ride haha ...it was my friend, Diamond, from yesterday! (Seriously?? Seriously!!)

After the post office, I called Diamond and he came to pick me up to take me to lunch. We had a bit of a miscommunication between my saying that I was at the Vincom Center and him thinking I had said Ben Thanh... as in the market. I thought he might be driving around the wrong place so I texted him where I was and he found me. ...Everything sounds the same here! ...at least how I try to say things.

I had planned on treating myself to a nice meal at a French restaurant from my guidebook but it was closed (closed as in, not sure if it is just too early on a Sunday or closed as in, might never open again ...not sure). I asked Diamond if he could take me to a nice restaurant that he knew of and he took me here:

Not exactly what I was expecting, but lunch was good ...and cheap. I had chicken and fried rice with a water ...and it cost 37,000 dong ...or $1.80 (Seriously?? Seriously!!).

If ever a girl [me] was to get over her worries about meat and refrigerated foods it would be in Vietnam. (Those of you who know me well are laughing right now.) 

Eating the chicken at lunch was a huge step for me. ...Especially after seeing two small chickens running down the street this morning and that being all I could picture while eating my lunch. The lack of decor in the restaurant (see picture above) might have had something to do with my wandering mind.  :P 

Vy, the realtor, is picking me up soon to look at more apartments. (Fingers crossed!) Yesterday we took taxis to each place but after she heard that I liked my motorbike ride to the school the day before, she asked if I'd like to go on her motorbike today ...Yes, please!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment