Saturday, July 16, 2011

Seeing the Sights

I made myself a small itinerary for the afternoon after apartment shopping and off I went!

From the hotel, I walked in the opposite direction than I always have before (usually I go towards the Ben Thanh Market, which is 2 blocks from my hotel and the center of the city)... I loved what I saw heading in the new direction! Just down the street is a great cafe aaaaand all of the tourist-y historical buildings. I also found a mall (can check iPod stereo off my scavenger hunt list!) and a few bookstores (got postcards too!).  :)

 City People's Communittee's Office

 Statue of Ho Chi Minh

 I believe this is the Opera House

 Notre Dame Cathedral

The most beautiful Post Office I've ever seen (I'll get one straight-on sometime soon...)

 This is Vincom Center... a huge shopping mall with Western stores (it is where I found the Apple reseller for my iPod stereo)

 I found the street with the crazy-expensive shops... this is the first time I've been to an area that was this clean and had so many tourists! These shops are on the ground level of the Rex Hotel.

Well, today was my 2nd full day and 'full' it was! My feet are throbbing and I'm exhausted. It is 8:45pm Saturday and I am trying to keep my eyes open. ...I must remember to walk in different directions than I'm used to more often... my sightseeing today turned out to be so wonderful!

Tomorrow I will update about meeting my new friend, Lucy!... Until then... XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad you were able to find the iPod stereo unit you wanted. Your perseverance pulled you through! I hope you find just the perfect first apartment. Your first apartment ever!

    ReplyDelete