Thursday, July 21, 2011

Picture overload of cuteness :)

Welcome to... my apartment!!  :D

Inside the front door. (Bathroom on the right.) 

Living room (also known as the kitchen in this apartment ha! ...one in the same).

Standing in the kitchen, looking towards the bedroom. 

Woven silk framed picture... I like it :) 

The kitchen. 
Kitchen area. Mr. Nhan (the security guard) brought up the water dispenser for me... a new jug will cost me 50,000 dong... or about $2.50 each time! It's great... cold and hot water that is drinkable.

Living room.

Looking out onto the balcony / garden area from the living room.
Most of the place (except the bedroom). I love that it is small and cozy... but still feels spacious :) ...Just enough. 

Looking into the bedroom from the front door (bathroom on left... living room / kitchen on right).


My bedroom! (My mom made the duvet cover for me. I love it... it was a 'feel-good' that made the trip and is now making this place feel more like Home.)   

The rest of the bedroom. This is the first time I've had a tv in my bedroom!  :0 

 The shower... having an actual shower or tub became a must-have for me. Some apartments here just have the shower head but no defined shower area... the water just goes all over the bathroom and the whole floor gets wet. 


A Western style toilet - yes, please!  :P

Now for my favorite part...
 Outside my bedroom, looking towards the entrance to the garden area.

Looking back towards my bedroom (garden behind me).

Balcony / garden area! I love this spot!  :D  ...you should come visit me and we can sip tea here... 

Balcony / Garden.

The view to the left.

The view to the right.

The view straight across.

I'm on the "3rd floor"... it's really the 4th, but they call the 1st floor, Ground and then begin with 1. It is a serviced apartment, which means that it includes a lot of perks! The apartment will be cleaned daily, laundry and ironing daily, linen changes weekly, a small gym downstairs, 24-hour security, etc. For being my first apartment ever... I think I'm doing pretty well! I had better not get too used to this... but will definitely enjoy it for this coming year.  :P

 I love it... the apartment already feels like Home... like I've been here much longer than just 12 hours. Tomorrow I plan to go in to school for a bit and then come back here to explore my new neighborhood! :)

10 comments:

  1. Place looks great Stac! Glad to hear you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little apartment!! Wish I could come join you for tea :) Ilsa is here with me and she says - "Hi, When are you coming back? I will miss you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your apartment!!! It looks fantastic!! Sooo happy you are settled!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your first apartment! LOVE it! It is beautiful. I will come for tea as soon as possible!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacia,
    It looks AMAZING!! I just finally was able to sign up and it's been a treat and 1/2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - glad you got on! :) About to go explore my new neighborhood and hopefully find some good 'spots' for myself around my place. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL,Stacia. I love it. Enjoy your new "home." I hope to have tea there with you, too, someday. Love you, Aunt Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! Aunt Helen, I would love for you to make the trip and visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap! Your apartment looks amazing. I really miss having counter space, my apartment is small, but its enough room for me. It's just if I am cooking with someone else it gets cramped and I have almost no prep space. Also your balcony=amazeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful, Stac! Comfy-cozy at its best! xo

    ReplyDelete