Friday, July 15, 2011

Stability

Below is the 10-day forecast for Ho Chi Minh City...


Well... at least it's something stable that I can count on.  :P

This morning I am meeting with Vy, the realtor that my school set up. We plan to see various apartments and I am trying not to have high expectations but do want to find an apartment that I love.

Tonight I am meeting a Vietnamese lady, Lucy, whose niece lives in Rochester, New York and knows my mom. She seemed very nice on the phone yesterday - she wins for being the first person to make my new phone ring!

In between those two things... exploring!  :)

I've made a list of things that I would like to get (such as an umbrella, rain jacket, motorbike helmet, water, laundry detergent, etc.) and figure I will try to find these things from my list one at a time... like a scavenger hunt! I am determined to be the winner of this scavenger hunt.

It is about 7:15am on Saturday now (6:15pm Friday in Denver and 8:15pm in NY)... I've been up since 4:00am - ha! Apparently I will have to work on this time difference thing... but so far, not bad.

1 comment:

  1. You win for being the best adventurer in HCMC! Your attitude about finding items at the stores as being a scavenger hunt is a perfect example!

    Love YOU!
    Mom
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete