Saturday, July 16, 2011

Coffee friends

I found a great cafe that has a chai latte! Although definitely different, it was delicious... tasting of home :)

I sat next to a girl, Lorraine, from the Philippines and we had a nice conversation. Her English was very good - she said that they learn English from the time they are little. She is in HCMC for work... for two months! She works for a water company and they are working on water leakage in the city.

Lorraine texted some of her co-workers and they came to 'see me' haha. They took pictures... and I had them take one with my camera too... (Lorraine is on the right.)

 I gave her my Blog's URL, so she might be reading this right now (Hi Lorraine!)... and we might all go out together sometime.  :)

After coffee, I walked over to the post office and there were two Vietnamese girls crossing the street that kept looking at me... They came up to me, giggling, and one asked if they could take a picture with me - HA! I'm definitely not famous but my hair IS definitely a spectacle. I'm not sure if they like it as much as just not knowing what to make of it haha.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a quick one! :)
    and it looks like your hair is earning you a lot of friends here in Saigon.
    'will invite you on one of our night outs these days.

    be safe, have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac, that is SO funny about your hair! I love it. I love reading about your adventures! Miss you lots - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Frizzle takes on HCMC and they all LOVE her! I just got back from vacation and the first thing I wanted to do was catch up on your blog! I love you and miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete