Friday, July 15, 2011

Out&About

I took my first motorbike ride this morning to get to the elementary school and meet with the HR lady, Nhung. She was very nice and I hope to meet up with the school's realtor contact soon to look at apartments.

I decided that I would walk back towards the hotel - to be able to see things better and get a nice walk through the city. Well... after learning that I had walked about an hour and a half in the WRONG direction, I ended up off my map completely. I tried to get back on track but after two hours, a sunburn, and being very sweaty, I decided to cave in and take a motorbike back to the hotel... good thing too, because it was a long ride back!

During my walking adventure, however, I did find a 'Western' grocery store and was able to pick up some things... like 100% orange juice instead of the tang they had at breakfast. I also got some fun photos...


There is trash everywhere. Lots of little plastic bags of trash on the sidewalk all over too.



I could hear this rooster but it took me a little bit to find it.






Love this.

Don't love this.
Beautiful building - looks like it's missing its back end though.


So, I've made it back to the hotel (it's about 1:45pm here... so 12:45am in Denver / 2:45am in NY) and I'm going to change and head out again to hopefully get a cell phone and find the 'backpacking' area to get a chai (we'll see how that goes).  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment