Sunday, July 31, 2011

I did it!!

It's been quite the rainy day so far today... but I've managed to get out during clear moments and sprinkles. Good thing I packed my rain boots!  :P

I've had a couple of scooter practices today. After successfully navigating the side streets again, I decided to brave the main road! Perhaps because of the sprinkles, this helped the traffic be a little less... but there was still traffic and I'm still here to type about it!

I went out and around on the main road a few times (in the US it would probably be the size of a 4-lane road with a large island in the middle) and also in a loop... from the apartment, down an alley, out onto the main road, and turning back onto our side road.

Coming back to the apartment after my first couple of times venturing out, I victoriously yelled to Mr. Nahn, "I did it!" He gave me a thumbs up, a giggle, and a few claps.  :P

After parking my bike back in the basement, I pointed to my scraped knee and told Mr. Nahn, "No more." I think he's enjoying seeing me learn how to handle the scooter.

I went across the street for lunch earlier today - same place that I ate with the local guys. I love their noodle bowl with fish. Mmmm I could eat it everyday (and I might!). The big bowl of noodles and fish in a delicious, spicy broth comes with a large plate of greens to mix in and two sauces to pour over the top. I also get the local iced tea, which most restaurants serve and it's very light and delightful :)  The iced tea is a whopping 5 cents and my entire meal stays under $2.00 at 39,000 dong. Yesss, please! I was going to take a picture of the meal... but ended up just inhaling the whole thing. Next time...  :P

As soon as I got home from lunch it started to rain again. Usually it will begin to sprinkle... and within 10 seconds it is pouring! Here's a short video of the rain from my window...
(I know this is probably not exciting... but I figure this blog is about my life here... and I'm livin' it through the rain!)

No comments:

Post a Comment