Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Back on track.

Today has definitely been a better day.  :)

First... I found an apartment! Well... I found THE apartment! YAHOO :D

A new realtor, Ben, took me around a bit yesterday and figured out what I like, don't like, and ultimately what I'm looking for. We went to just one apartment today and it's the one. The only downside is that it is two districts from the school I am teaching at - about a 15 to 20 minute motorbike ride each way... but no big deal and I will get used to the commute being a part of my day.

I love the location... and now have even more new exploring to do. There is a large supermarket nearby and lots of coffee shops! My apartment is on the 3rd floor (well... the 4th really - they call the 1st floor, Ground) on a quiet side street AND I have a balcony/garden area!

There is a small gym on the ground level and my apartment is 'serviced', which means that rent includes daily cleaning, daily laundry and ironing, weekly linen changes, etc. The landlord speaks English fairly well and seems very nice. The contract is for one year so I hope I love it... and think I will :)

The timing is perfect because I planned on leaving the hotel tomorrow AM to find something cheaper, but I can move into the apartment tomorrow! I'm excited to get my things there and get settled in.

I also went in to school today. The library is tiny and has too many books for the shelves (but what a great problem to have, right!?). Phuong, the assistant, and I brainstormed some ideas for more shelving. I think we've come up with something that will work! Ordering new shelves could take a few weeks... so hopefully they come and we can arrange all of the books towards the beginning of the school year (students begin August 15th).

Tomorrow's postings should include pictures of my new place :D

And pictures of school and the library are to come as well...

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad you had a better day! The other day sounded horrible...nice recovery. I can't wait to see the pictures of the apartment and the library.

    ReplyDelete