Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Goodbye Purple Mountain Majesties

I leave later today... flying from Denver to Ho Chi Minh City... I will be traveling for a total of 26 hours.

As I was packing up my things, I took a poem down from my wall that I saved from Camp years ago - it is part of Nelson Mandela's 1994 inaugural speech and it feels so appropriate for how I am feeling right now and also the encouragement that I need to give myself:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be?
Brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing more enlightened about shrinking so that
other people won't feel insecure around  you.
We are born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others."


Well... time to let my light shine and play big.

As my Nonny and I would say when we got to the final hand in cards... this is the BIG KAHUNA.

Love and miss you all - please stay in touch... let's SKYPE!  :D

1 comment:

  1. Stac - I have that poem still hanging on my room. Still one of my favorites. I am SO proud of you as you embark on this adventure that will forever change you! Safe travels and love you so much...can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete