Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lucy

My mom has a friend in Rochester, NY who is from Vietnam and her aunt still lives in Ho Chi Minh City. The aunt, Lucy, and I got together last night.  :)  She is very sweet - and tells 'it' how 'it' is! She asked if I look like my mom or dad, so I was showing her pictures of my family and she pointed at me in a picture from about 3 years ago and said, "You were fatter when this picture was taken." Haha - ooook!

She is great though and we plan to get coffee together sometime next week.

She brought me some fruits from the market near her house - it was so sweet of her and much appreciated! These are both litchi/lychee (although the two kinds have different tastes from one another)... they are clear and very sweet inside with a large seed in the middle.





Lucy lives in District 5 - the area of the city that I got lost in during my long walk when I ended up off of my map!

Lucy's niece is about 19 or 20 and is on holiday this week but will call me next week and Lucy said she can take me anywhere.  --Whatever I need, her niece can help me with... wonderful! And she also said that her niece will teach me how to drive a motorbike... buuuut I think I'm fine paying to be a passenger or buying a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment