Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spicy tea / Pretty flowers

A Denver friend of mine, Kevin, went to college with Danny - he grew up in Hanoi, Vietnam and now lives in Taiwan. Danny and I met up this morning for breakfast. I had a lot of fun with him! We went to Napoly Cafe in District 1 and I will definitely go back to this place again.

After breakfast I went by the Ben Thanh market to try and buy some spices. I ended up not finding spices but I did get some tea that smells great. I was hoping for dry leaf chai and ended up with something that I think is close to chai... and they called it "spicy tea".

I also got these beautiful roses... 14 roses for $2.00... I plan to have fresh flowers in my apartment at all times! I love it!

And found these great wooden bowls...
It was a fun morning!

Two nights ago when I got caught in the rain meeting up with James... I found the US Consulate:
(The security guard did NOT want me taking pictures... so I quickly got one once I had crossed the street.)  :P

And this is a picture of the inside of the Tax Trade Center - I like shopping here. It is a market with everything - tourist-y knick-knacks, clothing, and a grocery store. The prices are fixed so I don't have to hassle with bargaining or worry about getting ripped off (and it's air conditioned!).

1 comment: