Sunday, July 17, 2011

Safety 1st...

I ran into Diamond AGAIN today! Same location as the first day... so I don't think he's following me, although it's crazy to just happen to run into one another in such a big city. I told him that, and he said that he is happy to see me each time, haha.


Before running into him, I had been looking to buy a motorbike helmet so that I can have my own and not have to wear the driver's extra one - they tend to be super dirty. I was not having much luck, so I told Diamond that I wanted to buy a helmet and he took me right to a store... all of helmets! I found one that I liked but he said that it was too expensive and the lady was not willing to bargain. Diamond took me to another store and I got one! I like it, Diamond liked the price, and we both liked that it is the same brand as Diamond's extra one that I've been wearing - HA!  :P


Pretty cute, huh?  Aww, shucks.


He then took me to the elementary school so that I could give my paperwork to the HR lady, Nguyen, for my Visa. Right now I have a landing Visa, so I can only enter and exit the country one time... we need to apply for my multiple entry Visa.


Diamond picked me up from the school and took me to a large shopping center with a big supermarket in it that Nguyen told me about so that I could buy an umbrella. I got two... one big and one small... perfect.  :)


It has been a nice morning so far. Now I plan to go out for lunch, then on to the Sofitel Hotel (hmmm... now that I think about it, maybe I'll have lunch IN the Sofitel Hotel!), and then to try out a tailor that was recommended in an article that I read. Having tailor-made clothes is going to be a dangerously fun hobby for me!  ;)


Vy (the realtor) is picking me up later today to look at more apartments. She is wonderful and really listened to what I liked / didn't like the first day. I think she knows what I am looking for now and that makes me feel much better.


Diamond taught me how to say 'Goodbye' in Vietnamese this morning - Tạm biệt.  :)  I'm going to take it one word/phrase a time! When I say hello or thank someone in Vietnamese, they seem surprised and often giggle a bit... I think they like that I'm trying.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment